Saturday, November 24, 2007

New Shows

Ruther has introduced me to 3 new shows and so far, here are my thoughts:


GOSSIP GIRL

I don't like this series much. Ruther tells me that it is similar to the O.C. and I also did not like that series much. In fact, I did not even finish it. I think I watched part of the second season then it got a bit too much for me and I just quit it. Gossip Girl reminds me of that tv series. It's just too glamour and little substance. And I'm not very fond of those kind of stories. I like my stories with depth and meaning and lessons and morals. I'm just that kind of girl. Despite my not liking the series much, having Kirsten Bell as the narrator is a huge plus so I'm giving it another chance.


PUSHING DAISIES

This one is a cute series and I love it! Anything that combines fantasy and romance and crime is my cup of tea. Plus, I think Ned (in the story) is cute (when I told Ruther this he raised his eyebrow at me). I think I have a crush on him. But I digress... Anyway, the story is quite unique and that was where my interest began. So far, I am enjoying this series and am looking forward to more episodes.




CHUCK

This one is an unexpected surprise. I thought it was going to be one of those corny and cheesy comedies but I was wrong. It IS funny but not in a corny way (I am SO not a fan of those kind of movies or series) and I love the suspense and criminal aspects in the story. It is witty without being too vulgar and the suspense just keeps me hanging on my toes. The characters are well-thought of and are really delightful. Another series I am looking forward to watching.