Saturday, September 29, 2007

To A Friend

You come to me with tear-filled eyes
You tell me about his deceit and lies
I comfort you as best I could
But in the end, it's just no good

For I can see your marriage is dead
When he betrayed you and made his bed
When he deceived you and your love
When he betrayed the Lord above

Should you decide to leave him, so be it
Let him have that senseless twit
But should you decide to stay with him
Remember, you future will always be dim

Doubts will fill your head night and day
You will wonder whether to go or stay
You will wonder "Does he love me still?"
When his very touch gives you a chill

My friend, I can only hold your hand
Wipe your tears and take your stand
But I cannot decide for you
You must do what you must do

Think hard and deep and also pray
I know you will find your answer one day
But whatever it is that you plan to do
Remember I'll always be here for you.


- Yette; 4:09pm; September 29, 2007