Friday, January 4, 2008

The Heartbreak Kid


Ruther and I watched this movie last night. I didn't like it much. It was just so-so. It looked too much like a Ben Stiller movie and I really don't love his movies that much. I think it's because of all the swearing or because somehow, it's like he plays the same character in his flicks all the time. I don't know. Somehow I just didn't like it. I like Adam Sandler's movies better. They are more tasteful and I usually like the chemistry he has with his leading ladies. Anyway, in The Heartbreak Kid, Stiller plays Eddie who falls in love with Lila in a whirlwind romance. They get married and then on their way to their honeymoon, Eddie discovers that he and Lila have nothing in common and begins to doubt their relationship and think that getting married to her is a mistake, even moreso when he falls in love with Miranda a girl he met at the honeymoon resort. And the story goes from there. Anyway, if you want to read a better review than this, then go here. It's so much more explicit than what I wrote. My say? Don't waste your time watching this movie.