Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Teleseryes (TV Soaps)

I don't know why I love watching teleseryes. It must be because of the drama. It must be because of the lessons. It also must be because I learn more Tagalog words when I do so. But probably one reason why I really enjoy watching them is because the Filipino ways and values and traditions are always portrayed in the story. And I love that. The closeness of family, the value of hardwork, the unimportance of money, the presence of God in our lives... all those and more. I love that despite the somewhat overdramatic villains, I am happy that good always prevails in the end. I am such a sucker for happy endings. I am currently following 2 teleseryes on ABS-CBN and I am enjoying them a lot. Even Ruther's aunt (Tita Nicki) and cousin (Natasha) who are from Australia love our teleseryes. Tita Nicki sometimes asks me to translate some of the difficult Tagalog words and I really admire her for her interest in our dramas. Sometimes, the stories can be so dull, sometimes it can drag onwards until you just want to end. But I must say, the teleseryes have improved over the years. Before, a story could last for almost a year but lately, 6 months is already considered too long. I like the teleseryes short. The stories should always be interesting and always thrilling. Sometimes, when I lose interest in a teleserye, I give it up, just like that. I don't bother watching if it gets dull. I just don't want to waste (what I perceive to be) my important time on something no longer interesting (like Lost, I gave it up ages ago). Hopefully, these 2 teleseryes I'm watching won't become dull or boring. I would really love to see how they end. =D