Monday, October 29, 2007

Elections

Today is another voting day. And I won't be voting. This is not only because I'm not registered, but also because I really don't know anyone in the voting list. Why would I waste my vote for someone whom I don't know? Should I risk giving it to someone who would usurp his position and take advantage of ignorant people? I just think that the risk is too great to just give a random vote.

I have voted only once in my entire life. Sometimes, I wonder if I should force myself to be more interested in politics so I could know more about the government and the system. But really, it so disgusts me. There is a certain disquietude in the thought that I am leaving my hopes and the hope of the country in the hands of (most probably) corrupt people. It's disconcerting that they have the power to get richer through illegal means while the people who pay taxes live from paycheck to paycheck and try to give their families a better lifestyle. It's actually very sad.

I'm not really worried about not voting. I know that those who will vote will probably make a better and wiser choice than me doing an eenie-meenie-miney-mo on the ballot. So yeah, no matter how the election turns out, I know that life will still go on tomorrow.