Saturday, September 1, 2007

No Smoking

I am so in favor of the move UK is doing regarding putting graphic photos on cigarette packs to discourage smoking. (Read the article here.) I hate smoking and I hate cigarette smoke. I know I should think in the lines of "hate the object/deed/rule and not the person" and that's actually true but when that person lives with you and smokes in front of you, well, won't you feel indignant? Papa smokes. And I really and truly hate that. No one else in the family smokes except him. But he doesn't care. Everyone badgers him that he will die and still he doesn't care. I really and truly hate his smoking. No, I don't hate Papa. I just don't like it when I come out of the room and I smell cigarette smoke in the air. I also don't like it when I enter the bathroom and see ashes on the floor. It really disgusts me. When I smell the smoke, I can already see many lung cells dying inside me and I hate that because it certainly was not my choice to inhale that filthy air. I cannot even begin to express my disappointment at Papa when he smokes in front of the boys!! That to me is very very BAD! When that happens, I call the boys sharply to the room. I will NOT have them inhale smoke that can damage them and make them sick later on in life. No freaking way. I won't even care if he would feel hurt when I call the boys in. My first instinct is to make sure my boys are always safe. I am still hoping that my boys will not smoke when they are bigger. Of course, there is always no guarantee there but I will certainly do my best to dissuade them from doing so even if it means showing them actual necrotic lung tissue. Smoking should be banned. It's nothing but a filthy habit.