Friday, August 31, 2007

Movies

I watched Monster-In-Law the other day and I really enjoyed it. It was a funny movie and not over the top. Jane Fonda was excellent. I didn't think she would be able to handle the character well but she did it excellently. Michael Vartan as the main male character was also a good choice. He and Jennifer Lopez had a nice on-screen chemistry that was just right. Nothing lusty or again, over the top. I liked it. And I really like Jennifer's acting. She always plays her roles beautifully. So yeah, I had a fun time watching the movie especially because of the happy ending. Jennifer was a surprise because I always thought that her forte was in music and dancing but apparently I was wrong. I also liked her acting in Enough. It's one of my fave movies. In case you're wondering if I'm a battered wife, I'm not. I just like movies that portray strong women (like Angelina Jolie in Beyond Borders and Geena Davis in Long Kiss Goodnight). I think Jennifer deserves to do more movies.


.....


I watched The Inside Man last night and it was okay. Not as riveting as I would expect but Denzel Washington was great and so was Clive Owen. Jodie Foster was impeccable as ever. Truly wonderful actress and one of my favorite as well. She still looks so youthful and I so love her facial expressions. They say and portray so much. Anyway, the story leaves much to be desired but still, it was a nice movie to get me distracted from chores.