Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Heart Jet Li

Have you seen the new San Miguel beer commercial which stars Jet Li? I love it. If you haven't seen it yet, you can take a peek here. I have always been a Jet Li fan since waaaay back. My dad and siblings would huddle around our tv and watch his Once Upon a Time in China movies. We never got fed up of those. Really really great movies. Not only is he such a talented actor, I love that he is somewhat of a historian as well because his movies really depicts China as it was before. We would always enjoy and appreciate the colorful costumes, the creative props, the stunts and the martial arts moves. When Jet Li started doing Hollywood movies, I loved him more because despite the international prestige, he remained humble and down to earth. In the paper today, I read an article about him and after I finished reading it my admiration for this man increased a hundredfold. I've been searching the Philippine Star archives for the link but unfortunately I could not find it. Too bad. I so wanted to share that article here. Anyway, I was so glad to read that he enjoyed his stay in the Philippines. I so want to get his autograph but I think that is farfetched. No matter, I will always have his movies to inspire and entertain me and this I know for sure: I will always be a Jet Li fan. =D

Update:
Found an article in another paper which is VERY similar to what I read. Here it is.