Friday, February 15, 2008

Today's Happenings

I haven't been updated with the news for a while now. It's not that I don't care (okay, maybe a teeny part of me doesn't) but politics does not interest me at all. I find it very disturbing, boring and utterly chaotic. Besides, I would not want bad news from the politicl arena to ruin my day so I try to stay away from the news as much as possible. I figure, if it's THAT important, I would hear about it anyway. But this morning, when I went to the bakery to buy some hot, yummy pandesal for breakfast I decided to get a paper as well. Well, the only word I could use to describe the headlines was "shocking"! I mean, what is happening to the Philippines? I know there are problems in the government but all this transparency is destroying us all. I mean, isn't there a more subtle (I'm not saying "hushed") way of fixing all these problems? Frankly, I don't even know what all the problems are. I hear things like ZTE, stocks falling, calling GMA's resignation (is this going to be a frequent thing in Philippine history?!?!?), J de Venecia and all that. It's all very disturbing, confusing and irritating. Really, who could take the Philippine government seriously with all these controversies? Really really depressing. I wish all those people would just resign on their own and fresh new people step up. Or, we could always migrate. Now that's an idea...

.....

The weather is so wonderfully cool these days. I don't know and I don't care if it matches my melancholy mood but it's just nice to sit in front of the window and look at all the gloominess around. I would curl up in bed with a good book hugging Ruther's pillow and have my coffee nearby. I would walk to the bakery with a light jacket because if I don't, I would have goosebumps when I reach home. It's just so wonderfully cool but then again, such weather just makes me miss my sweetie all the more.

Sigh. I hate this.