Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sad for My Friend

I got an email from a good friend of mine. I feel so sad for her. She's been having problems lately and feels really lost. First of all, her husband is not well. He needs treatment and even if he's getting it now, she's still apprehensive about the situation. I must admit that I have never liked her husband a lot when they got together. I just think that he should get his priorities straight but of course, I don't know what transpires in their lives 24/7 so I have no right to judge him. But, for the sake of my friend, I still hope that her husband overcomes his problem and gets well so he could be there for my friend and his family. Another problem she has is that she's pregnant. She really feels bad about it, not because it's another mouthful, but because she feels it's just not the right time right now. I feel really bad for her. I have known my friend since I was 5 years old and she has always been a family girl, always devoted, so sweet and kind. I don't know what to tell her or how to help her except to inform her that I'm here for here whenever she needs me. I wish I could do more, of course, but living in different (and far-away) cities just make it a lot more difficult. Anyway, I'm going to be praying for her, her baby and her husband. Hopefully, this year will still be a happy one for her.