Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Me

Christmas will be over in approximately an hour. And yet, I still feel so pleased about how the whole day went about. I loved that we spent it together as a family; I loved that we got to visit relatives; I loved that my boys got to meet their extended family and got to get fun presents; I loved that it was a day well-spent and was fun-filled. I don't know if I'm putting too much pressure on Christmas celebrations but I'm just someone who wants to make Christmas all about family. Last year when we were in Japan, Christmas was not that visible. I mean, comparing it with how Filipinos prepare for this holiday, it was very muted for my taste. But that still did not dampen my spirits because first and foremost my family was together. And for me, that's what really and truly matters on my favorite day of the year. This year is so different. Having Ruther with me AND spending the holidays in the Philippines is just so wonderful. I know I'm just a simple girl with simple wants and this Christmas, God has certainly made this simple girl very happy.