Tuesday, December 18, 2007

1 Litre of Tears

I am currently watching this Japanese tv drama. It's such a sad story. It is actually based on a life story of a girl who had an incurable disease and had some difficulty acepting it. I won't say what the illness is specifically just to keep interested viewers curious. Who knows, one of you might be interested to watch it. Anyway, the cast was pretty much okay. The story is dramatic, considering the events of the disease, treatment, acceptance, etc. But what truly touched me in the story were the courage of the girl, the way the family stood by her and supported her, and the strength of the mom. Really, of the same thing happened to me, I would not know how to cope. Or if anyone in my family had this disease (knock on wood!), I really don't think I would be as strong as the mother in the story. So truly, she was quite admirable.

I am more than halfway done with the movie so I am looking forward to how it ends. Hopefully, it won't be too sad or I'll be crying buckets of tears before the day is over...