Friday, October 19, 2007

Shorts

I was at the mall today and I was trying to look for a decent-looking pair of shorts for me because well, I can't really deny that it has been quite warm these past few days and wearing jeans is just too icky for me. So I checked some of the boutiques and aside from looking for something my size is next to impossible, the prices are quite shocking! The sizes are a problem because although most of the clothes come in S, M, L and XL sizes and I sometimes could fit into the L size, I would prefer wearing something less restricting so I always want to settle for an XL size and that, they usually do not have, which is of course, very disappointing and frustrating. As for the prices, a pair of shorts for P350?!! And this is not from a well-known fashion boutique! I was quite dismayed about that. I know some people might think I am cheap but I just don't want to get something that I would feel guilty later on because it costs so much. I just want to be able to enjoy my clothes without thinking "Whoops! I can't spill catsup on this because this cost me P1000!" I just don't like that kind of worry. When I became a mom, I learned to dress down, to be more flexible and to be more conscious of what I wear so that it's functional and fashionable at the same time. Sigh.

And I was SO looking forward to getting new shorts today...