Monday, September 3, 2007

Christmas Memories

I am so excited for Christmas. Not only will this be another Christmas where we will be spending it together as a family, it will also be a new Christmas in a new home. Even if we only live with Mama and Papa, it's still wonderful to be able to decorate the house and to make new memories. I love tradition and I love family bonding. Those to me are very important which is why I love Christmas a lot. I have always had fond memories of Christmas when I was little. We would always have a family pictorial. My grandmother insisted on that. On Christmas eve, we would all be dressed up in splendid clothes and line up by family and my grandmother would hire a photographer to take the photos. So every year we get to see how much we've grown, the funny clothes way back when and how much my grandmother loved her family. I want that for my family too. I want us to spend EVERY Christmas together no matter what. I want Ruther to stop going out of the country so we could forge new traditions and new memories for the boys. Christmas to me, was never about the presents. It was always about family first and foremost. I also loved the wonderful dishes prepared and the laughs and smiles when we exchanged gifts. I loved the delight on my parents' faces when they appreciate the presents I get them. And I love going to midnight mass with my family. I know some of those things will change with my present family but I don't mind. Some will remain and some will change but what is most important is that we get to celebrate Christmas our way. And that to me is very special.