Thursday, September 6, 2007

Christmas List

I have already started buying presents for Christmas. I'm happy to say that I am doing very well budget- and quality-wise. I really don't like to spend much during the holidays. But that doesn't mean I'm a scrooge either. I just like to find the best present for the person I have in mind. For Ruther's and my godchildren, I usually don't buy clothes because not only will they outgrow them, but I don't know their sizes and I'm sure their parents know which clothes suit their kids best. I don't want to give dresses or shirts only to find out that they don't fit or they do not like the design. So for them, I usually like to give books (which are priceless and really ageless) or something else they would appreciate when they are years older. For family, I always give them something they need but haven't bought for themselves. Last year I gave my sister a complete manicure and pedicure set. I noticed that whenever she came home in the weekends, we would do our nails together. We don't usually have our nails done in the salons because of well, sanitary reasons. Anyway, she loved the present. The year before that, I gave my brothers-in-law a big, soft Queen-sized pillow each. They loved that as well because their pillows were not looking too good. So I really am glad when the family appreciates my choice of presents for them. I find Ruther the most difficult person to give a present to because out of the 101 ideas I have I can only afford a few. So guiltily, I can only buy him something I could afford. I'm thinking of doing something different this year but I still don't know what it's going to be. I still hope that when December comes, he will appreciate my present still.

Anyway, I am already excited to complete the gift-buying. Hopefully by November, everyone will finally have presents and I will finally be able to wrap them and place them under the lighted Christmas tree.

Can't wait.