Friday, August 17, 2007

Ten Things I Like About Me

I was tagged by my good friend mitzh. Mitzh is a friend I met through blogging and even if we have not met personally, I really treasure the friendship we have. Thanks for picking me, mitzh. I really and truly appreciate it. =D

And here I go...
  1. I am a very resourceful person. When a specific thing that I need is not available, I can make do with whatever is left lying around and come up with something. I'm like a girl scout/McGyver/swiss army knife in one. And I like that.
  2. I love that I can be a softie and a toughie. I am both fragile and strong. Because of this, I suppose I am very attuned to my feelings and how I interact with people and how I see the world.
  3. I always put my family first before anything and everything. Always has been and always will be.
  4. I love Mother Nature. I love the rain, the sunset, the sound of the birds, the rainbows, the drifting clouds, the rivers, the parks, the falling leaves, the seasons, the ocean, the stars, the soft petals of the flowers. I wish people would marvel at the beauty around them and stop polluting the earth.
  5. I am a very crafty person. I love that. I enjoy making things with my hands and seeing the wonderful creative things. I also like it when people enjoy the things that I make for them and appreciate my creativity.
  6. I am very a friendly person. I suppose it is because it's in my nature to try to put people at ease. That was how Ruther first came to notice me. When we were kids and were just acquaintances, (he told me later on that) I would always talk to him and try to make him comfortable. I suppose that's just who I am.
  7. I love that I am very sentimental. A scent, a photograph, a memento, a tattered shirt can trigger so many emotions in me. All those special things hold special memories not easily forgotten. All of them entwined in a cavass that is my heart.
  8. I love writing. It's a part of me and without it, I can never fully express who I am, what I am and what I can become.
  9. I like how I have evolved over the years. I like who I am now. A more mature, more colorful, more well-adjusted individual. I am proud of the woman I have become and the choices I have made.
  10. I love that I love life. I love learning new things everyday, I love teaching my boys, I love talking to Ruther everyday, I love making new memories, I love looking forward to the future. I love being able to wake up and appreciate the life given to me. I love the fact that I have another opportunity to get to know the world one day at a time. And I eagerly anticipate fulfilling my "___ Things to Do Before I Die" list.

Well, there you go... I am tagging Clea (because you are such a strong woman even when the going gets tough), Fritzie (because I miss you, my friend) and Lot (because your life is changing as you enter motherhood and I want to hear all about it). =D